Imran Khan is a fine Indian Bollywood actor who has made his presence felt in the industry of Indian cinema with his killing looks, charm and dedication that he shows in his works. He may have a chocolate boy next door image among the audience and girls go gaga over him but he is surely one actor with striking looks and personality.
He is the son of Anil Pal, an Indian Bengali American and Nuzat Khan. He is the nephew of the great Bollywood actor Aamir Khan and film-maker Mansoor Khan and grandson of director/ producer Nasir Hussain. He had a bit of a troubled childhood as his parents divorced when he was just one and a half years old and he lived with his mother thereafter. He studied at Bombay Scottish school till standard 4 and then studied in a boarding school at Ooty.
Date Of Birth : 13th January, 1983
Place Of Birth: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
He surely had the essence of cinema in his blood and that's what has brought him to such a place in the very competitive industry of Indian Bollywood cinema. Before doing roles as a lead in the films he did roles of a child artist when he was a kid.
- Imran has made a lot of appearances in films like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak in the year 1988, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander in the year 1992 etc. In both the films listed above he has acted as an young Aamir Khan.
- Imran initially wanted to become a director but finally ended up becoming an actor. It was in the year 2008 he made his debut in Bollywood as the lead in the film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane.
- He was paired along with the bubbly actress Genelia D'Souza in the film. The film was produced by Aamir khan and Mansoor Khan. The film was the biggest hit of that year and did an awesome business at the box office.
- Not only that it did do very well at the box office but Imran's performance was praised and applauded by both the film critics and the audience.
- The film got rave reviews and the film also fetched Imran the Filmfare Best Debutant-male for his amazing performance in the film.
He won the Filmfare Best Debutant Award-male for his role in the iconic film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane which was produced by his uncle Aamir Khan and Monsoor Khan at the 54th Filmfare Award function in the year 2009. He won this award along with Farhan Akhtar at the prestigious ceremony. His role in the film was very much appreciated and praised by both the audience and the film critics equally.
- The actor is reportedly being paid a sum of rupees 8-10 crores for doing a film and somewhere around 2 crores for endorsements. He might have got only few hits but that doesn't stop him from being paid such amounts as his fan base is strong and there are a lot of girls who go gaga over him.
- Imran Khan went to Bombay Scottish School and when he was in standard four he was shifted to a boarding school in Ooty due to his difficulty to speak. Then he was seen performing as a child artist in a few films and has even acted as childhood Aamir Khan in the films Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak in the year 1988 and Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander in the year 1992.
- Before taking his big step in the industry of Indian Bollywood cinema he went to Kishore Namit Kapoor's Acting Institute which is located in Mumbai. Imran Khan may be an established Bollywood actor now in the present but he had always thought of becoming a director and direct good films that people would love to watch. He made his film debut in the year 2008 as the lead in the film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane.
- He was paired along with the bubbly actress Genelia D'Souza in the film. The film was produced by Aamir khan and Mansoor Khan. The film was the biggest hit of that year and did an awesome business at the box office. Not only that it did very well at the box office but Imran's performance was praised and applauded by both the film critics and the audience.
- The film got rave reviews and the film also fetched Imran the Filmfare Best Debutant-male for his amazing performance in the film. Then in the year 2008 he acted in the film Kidnap which also starred Sanjay Dutt and Manisha Lamba in the lead roles and Imran Khan played the role of a villain, negative role. He also lined it up with Mission - The Last War in the same year.
- Then in the year 2009 he did the film Luck in which he was paired opposite newcomer Shruti Hasan, daughter of the legendary veteran actor Dr.Kamal Haasan. But the film was not lucky enough as the film failed to do well at the box office. In the year 2010 he did I Hate Luv Storys in which he was paired opposite Sonam Kapoor and he also did Break Ke Baad in the same year.
- Both the films did well at the box office. In the year 2011 he did Mere Brother Ki Dulhan in which he was paired opposite Katrina Kaif and John Abraham and Ali Zafar were also part of the film. In the year 2012 he did Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu in which he was paired opposite Kareena Kapoor.
- Imran Khan is a chocolate boy for whom all the girls go gaga over and he has been linked up with almost all his co-stars. Genelia D'Souza, Sonam Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif were the hottest link ups. But he put a full stop to all these link ups by marrying his childhood girlfriend Avantika Malik on 10th January 2010. The Khan boy became the second Indian to own a Ferrari and the first to own the latest one after buying himself a Ferrari California.