Kunal Karan Kapoor is one of the most talented Indian Television actor who is popularly known as Kunnu and Mohan Bhatnagar of Na Bole Tum Na Meine Kuch Kaha on the channel Colors TV.
Kunal is widely known for his roles in a lot of television series such as Left Right Left, Maayka, Remix (TV series), Rishton Se Badi Pratha and Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya.Kunal has always aspired to become a director since he was 13 years old, after he saw the ace director Steven Spielberg's movie Jurassic Park, which focused on the theme of bringing extinct dinosaurs back to life. Kunal had come through a struggled path with great efforts to taste his success. He enjoyed his school life in Mumbai and then opted for the pre -university college.
Date Of Birth : 17th October, 1975
Place Of Birth: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Later, he did his master graduation in the stream of commerce and then a course in export management system. He still aspires to become a filmmaker one day. Apart from that Kunal Karan Kapoor is one of the most searched celebrity on Facebook.
- He made his debut in the films as an assistant director in the film Aks in the year 2001. It was in the year 2005 he made his film debut as an actor with the film Meenaxi: A Tale of Three Cities that was directed by Kameshwar Mathur. The film did not do that well at the box office but still the film gained him the recognition that has made him popular now.
In the year 2006 Kunal Kapoor won the Star's Sabsey Favourite Naya Hero.
In the year 2007 Kunal Kapoor won the Stardust's Breakthrough Performance Award- Male.
- He is being paid a sum of rupees 2-4 crores for a film.
- Kunal Kapoor began showing his acting skills on the stage. He worked with Motley, a well known theater group run by the ace actor Naseeruddin Shah. Kunal Kapoor made his film debut in Bollywood not as an actor but as an assistant director for the director Rakesh Mehra in the film Aks. Later he made his acting debut in Bollywood by starring opposite Tabu in the film Meenaxi: A Tale of Three Cities.
- It was in the year 2006, the presence of Kunal Kapoor came to prominence in the industry with the hit film, Rang De Basanti. The film was a critical hit film and a commercial success, but still it lost to director Amol Palekar's Paheli as India's official entry in to the Oscars but it managed to make the official entry at the BAFTA film festival.
- Kunal's performance in the film was very much acclaimed and it also helped him to receive a Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award nomination at the Filmfare Award function. In the year 2007, Kunal starred in the film Hattrick. However, the movie did not do well at the box office and failed to get recognized. His next two film releases, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag and Aaja Nachle, also did not do well at the box office but these films earned Kunal appreciation for his performance in the films from both the audience and the film critics.
- Kunal Kapoor also starred in the film Welcome to Sajjanpur, which was released in the year 2008. There has always been some speculations regarding Kunal Kapoor's popularity and fame as an actor in the years since his hit film Rang de Basanti. Kunal Kapoor had the privilege to lend his voice for the the Indian god Rama in the film Mahayoddha Rama, directed by the director Raizada Rohit Jaising Vaid.This film was an animated mythological movie which was based on the Ramayana.
- Kunal Kapoor also began shooting for a romantic comedy movie in the early 2009 and the film was titled Lamhaa which was released in the same year. This film is based on the story that Kunal himself completed in June 2008.
- He is rumoured to have been dated actress Dia Mirza.