Dhokla is a very famous fast food from the Indian state of Gujarat. Out of the many varieties of dhokla, Besan dhokla is the easiest to prepare at home and it tastes simply great.
Besan (gram flour)
: 1/2 cup
Baking soda / soda-bi-carbonate
: 1/2 tsp
Green chillli paste
: 1 tsp
Mango powder (optional)
: 1 tsp
Curry patta (curry leaves)
Whole green chillies (slit lengthwise)
Bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
Grease a microwave safe flat dish with little oil. Keep aside.
- Take a bowl, mix all the ingredients of dhokla and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased dish.
- Microwave (covered) at 60% power for 5-6 mins.
- When ready, pour 1 cup of water (with mango powder, optional) over the dhokla till the dhokla absorbs all the water.
- Cover and keep aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, microwave oil at 100% power for 30 secs.
- Add all the ingredients (except grated coconut & chopped coriander leaves) and microwave for 2 mins.
- Take out the dhokla and transfer in a serving plate.
- Spread the tempering evenly on the dhokla and cut into pieces.Garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with white (coconut) chutney / green (dhania) chutney or with imli (tamarind) chutney.