Everyone's favorite dessert! The microwave turns the sugar into an aromatic caramel.
Envelope gelatin (7 grams)
: a few drops
Half & half cream
: 1/2 cup
Pour the heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl (1 quart.) Cover with a microwave lid and cook on HIGH (1200W) for 30 seconds or until lukewarm. Dissolve water and sugar in a separate 1-quart bowl.
- Cook on HIGH, uncovered for 2 - 3 minutes, until slightly browned. Swirl bowl so sugar turns deep brown. Pour in cream and mix well with wire whisk. Cool
- Mix the gelatin and water together in a microwave-safe bowl. Let it sit for 1 - 2 minutes and cook on HIGH for 10 seconds.
- Mix the egg yokes, sugar, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons milk (part of 1 cup milk) in a heat proof bowl (1 1/2 quart.) Place the bowl over boiling water and beat until contents are creamy and white. Stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Stir in the half & half and remaining milk. Place the bottom of bowl in ice water and whisk until thick. Pour into 4 separate glasses and refrigerate.
- Top with caramel sauce and garnish with fruits.