CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE CRISP BARS
This wonderful recipe can be a bit difficult to cut. Make sure to use a very sharp knife and cut with a swift motion. They are worth the trouble - the taste is fantastic.
Semisweet chocolate chips
: 1 (12-ounce)package
: 1 (10-ounce)package
Cocoa flavored crisp rice cereal
: 5 cups
: 1 cup
Milk chocolate chips
: 1 cup
Grease a 13" x 9" pan with butter and set aside. In large microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup of the semisweet chocolate chips. Microwave on 50% power for 1minute.
- Remove bowl from microwave and add large marshmallows and butter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, then remove and stir.
- Continue microwaving for 1 minute intervals, stirring between each interval, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the rice cereal until well blended. Then stir in the mini marshmallows and milk chocolate chips just until blended. Using greased fingers, spread and press into prepared pan.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips with the peanut butter. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute; remove and stir until smooth, microwaving for 30 second intervals if necessary.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and spread to cover. Let stand until cool,then cut into bars.