MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE
Chocolate cake is a dessert popularized at the end of the 19th Century and popular internationally. The cake is often served at gatherings such as birthday parties and weddings.
: 1/4 cup
: 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp
: 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp
Grease round micro-proof baking dish, 7 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches or 8 x 1 1/2 inches; line bottom with plastic wrap (wax paper works well).
- In a small micro-proof bowl combine cocoa and 1/3 cup water; microwave on HIGH (full power) 40 to 50 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add oil, remaining 1/3 cup hot water, egg, vanilla extract and chocolate mixture; beat until batter is smooth and well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes* without turning until cake begins to pull away from sides (some moist spots may remain but will disappear on standing).
- Let stand 5 minutes; invert onto serving plate.
- Peel off plastic wrap ,cool and frost.
Easy Cocoa Frosting
- In small bowl combine: 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat to spreading consistency.