CHOCOLATE-MINT CHIP COOKIES
This is a melt in your mouth chocolate cookie that has a chocolate mint frosting. It's delicious and it's easy.
Squares unsweetened chocolate
: 2 (1-ounce)
Butter or margarine, softened
: 1/2 cup
: 1/2 tsp
: 2 cups
Mint chips, cut into small pieces
: 6 ounces
Place chocolate in top of a double boiler, bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beat after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, add to mixture, beating well.Stir in melted chocolate, mix well.
- Stir in mint chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets, remove to wire racks to cool completely.