A tasty corn pudding recipe cooked in the microwave oven.
(4 ounces) melted butter or margarine
: 1/4 cup
: 1/2 cup
Several dashes Tabasco or other hot sauce
: to taste
(11 to 15 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
: 1 can
French fried onions, divided
: 1 1/4 cups
Shredded Cheddar cheese (1 cup)
: 4 ounces
Combine milk, melted butter, cornmeal, sugar, and salt in a 3-quart microwave-safe bowl.
- Whisk well; cover with plastic wrap, make a small vent, and microwave on high for 8 minutes, or until mixture is thick and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Whisk twice during cooking.
- Combine eggs, Tabasco, 3/4 cup fried onions, cheese, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir egg and cheese mixture into the cornmeal mixture.
- Microwave uncovered at 50% power (medium) for 5 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining fried onions (1/2 cup). Microwave for another 1 minute at 50% power.