EARLY MORNING COOKIES
Cookies are one of the fastest and easiest things to make. Generally they are a simple combination of all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, granulated and/or brown sugar, eggs, baking powder/soda and flavorings and is one of the favourite food for kids.
Butter, melted and cooled
: 1/4 cup
Dried apricots, finely chopped
: 1/2 cup
Cheerios or other ring-shaped oat cereal
: 1 1/2 cups
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together eggs, honey and butter until well blended. Stir in carrot, nuts and fruits.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add flour mix and cereal to fruit mix, and stir until well mixed.
- Shape dough into balls about the size of two tablespoons.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased 15 x 12-inch baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until firm when lightly pressed.
- Cool on racks; serve warm or let cool.Store airtight. Chill up to one week; freeze to store longer.