MICROWAVE SWEET PICKLES
This easy recipe gives you a great way to save a bountiful crop of cukes! Your fresh cucumbers will taste great this way. This classic method is popular with all age groups. Sweet, fresh-packed pickles can be made and put up in one day.
Cucumbers, unpeeled, thinly sliced
Onions, thinly slicedr
: 1 or 2
In small bowl, or measuring pitcher, combine salt, turmeric, mustard seed, celery seed, vinegar and sugar.
- Mix cucumbers and onions in microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers and onions.
- Microwave on high power 5 minutes.
- Stir well, return to microwave 5 minutes more.
- Cool, pour into quart jar and refrigerate.