A mix of rich ingredients like dry fruits, whole spices, sugar and milk are used to make this dish of sweet, saffron rice.
Rice (long, grained)
: 2 cups
Green Cardamom Powder
: 1/2 tsp
Wash rice twice and soak in just enough water to cover it for half an hour. Drain excess water.
- Place almonds and cashew nuts in a flat microwave dish and cook, uncovered on Microwave medium (70%) for five minutes. Let them cool and thinly slice the almonds. Halve the cashew nuts.
- In a deep casserole, mix ghee and rice and cook, uncovered, on Microwave high (100%) for two minutes.
- Stir. Cook, uncovered on Microwave high (100%) for two minutes more.
- Mix nutmeg powder, green cardamom powder, saffron, raisins and sugar into the rice.
- Add three and a half cups of water and milk and stir once.
- Cover and cook on Microwave high (100%) for fifteen minutes.
- Allow standing time for five minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts. Serve hot.