The plight of Small and Medium Biscuit Manufacturers being liable to pay CENVAT @ 8% while the Large Industries were virtually exempted to the detriment of large number of SMEs like the Biscuit Industry, was very widely covered in the Electronic and Print media throughout the country.
IBMA is continually in the process of sustained efforts and also organized meetings with the Finance Minister, Ministers of State for Finance, Minister for Food Processing Industries and with concerned officials as well as various Members of Parliament and leaders of political parties, presenting the unfairness of the levy of CENVAT to the vast majority of biscuit manufacturers.
- a. To promote, protect and safeguard development of the Biscuit manufacturing industry, particularly in the small and medium sector.
- b. To promote and develop a systematic and hygienic Biscuit manufacturing Industry.
- c. To promote the development of the consumption of Biscuit in any form whatsoever and protection of the interests of the consumers of Biscuit and expansion of the market for biscuit in relation to the SME'S biscuit manufacturing industry.
- d. To provide most of the technical and managerial assistance and advice in relation to the biscuit manufacturing industry in general and manufacturing biscuits.
- e. To assist the small and medium biscuit manufactures in the purchase of flour, inputs and other commodities and the provision for technical advice for improving manufacturing techniques and marketing methods.
- f. To promote the benefits of the biscuit manufacturing craft by propagating, publicizing and publishing its products and services in any manner whatsoever and for the purpose to give prizes or gifts or encouragement to deserving members or potential members of the Association.
- g. To promote research and product development mainly for the biscuit manufacturing industry and the establishment of any research organization for the purpose, particularly for the benefit of SMEs manufacturing biscuits.
- h. To promote the development of testing laboratories of raw materials relating to the biscuit manufacturing industry and to provide a low cost service to small and medium biscuit units for quality control of raw materials, finished products and for such other purposes relating to the said industry.
- i. To make representations mostly on behalf of the biscuit manufacturing industry and particularly members of the Association and / or affiliated Association of biscuit manufacturers in various regions, states across the country to the appropriate authorities. To promote, support or oppose legislation affecting the biscuit industry and trade according to circumstances.
RULES AND PROCEDURES
- Membership shall involve different classification as may be decided by the Managing Committee.
REMOVAL OF ANY MEMBER: The Managing Committee would usually may do on its own motion or upon representation made by one or more members remove any existing member or members from the membership of the Association by a resolution passed by two-thirds of the members of the managing committee present and voting after giving such member an opportunity of being hoard in the matter. Such member shall be usually be entitled to appeal to the decision of the managing committee being conveyed to him. Any such appeal shall be placed for consideration before the next ordinary general meeting of the Association.
AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE : Any member who might not be an individual, shall by a resolution of its managing committee or other governing body or by writing under the hands of its duly constituted attorney, authorize from time to time any person, being preferably a member of the Biscuits manufacturing establishments or the association of the Biscuits manufacturing establishments or the institution or organization concerned, as it may think fit to act as its representative at any general meeting of the Association.