It has initiated specific projects. This is done by implementing programs and initiating and funding projects in copper technology, research and market development. It promotes safe housewiring practices and use of copper for plumbing and gas piping systems, in the building construction sector. It propagate the use of Energy Efficient Motors for energy savings, in Industries. It promote the use of high efficiency motors and pumps in the Agricultural sector. It tries to reduce distribution losses in the Power sector through the use of High Efficiency Distribution Transformers. ICPCI actively promotes Copper through seminars, workshops and training programmes all over India, in collaboration with other organizations, institutions and trade bodies.
ICPCI publishes technical handbooks and training manuals and produces information booklets and brochures aimed at spreading general awareness of the benefits of Copper. ICPCI has most of the international and Indian copper producers as the members. ICPCI's projects and activities receive full support from the major Indian copper producers, fabricators, cable manufacturers and EE motor manufacturers. The International Copper Association, Ltd. (ICA) is the main leading organisation for promoting the use of Copper worldwide.
ICA's mission is to increase awareness and usage of Copper by communicating the unique attributes that make this sustainable element an essential contributor to the formation of life, to advances in science and technology, and to a higher standard of living throughout the world. The Association's 35 member companies represent about 80 percent of the world's refined Copper output and are among the largest Copper producers, Copper alloy fabricators, and wire and cable companies in the world. ICA is responsible for guiding policy and strategy, and funding international initiatives and promotional activities. Headquartered in New York, ICA's programmes and initiatives are executed in 24 countries through 4 regional offices and 27 Copper promotion centers.
Vision :The International Copper Association, is mainly inspiring the world about copper's essentiality for health, technology and quality of life.
- To increase awareness and usage of copper, by mostly communicating the unique attributes that make this sustainable element an essential contributor to the formation of life, to advances in science and technology, and to a higher standard of living throughout the world.
- International Copper Promotion Council (India) pursues programs to reduce the demand for energy in ways that benefit the environment and do no adversely impact living standards. These programs rely on market forces and new technology to lead us to a better future. ICPCI also supports programs that develop new technologies for increased use of alternative renewable energy sources.
- ICPCI regularly participates in public forums and such other events globally to promote safety, energy efficiency and sustainability. It constantly strives to strengthen the link between stakeholders of energy efficiency and climate change.
- ICPCI contributes mainly through its catalytic role which means accelerating changes and assisting policy makers to transform their long term policies in a sustainable manner through its various program initiatives.
- Copper and Building Construction: Where copper products like tubes and low voltage wiring are focused, are at the core of the ICA network and have significant human and financial resources invested within them.
- Copper and Sustainable Electrical Energy: Adopt a systems approach in the promotion of energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed generation and the spread of electrification. It is a vital tool of sustainable development as it addresses economic, social and environmental needs of current and future generations.
- Copper and Original Equipment Manufacturing: Aims to optimize energy efficieny in household appliances.
- Copper and Public Health: Promotes Antimicrobial properties of Copper which can assist in reduced rate of secondary infection in medical and commercial buildings
- Technology: Explores new technology platforms, working with external qualified organizations and individuals. Where appropriate, commercialization of R&D is managed through venture capital- like practices.
Health and Environment: Develops and uses sound science to foster product stewardship and sustainable development through the entire life cycle.