EstablishmentAll India Rubber Industries Association is considered as one of the premier industries Association in the country, established in 1945 and has completed 57 years of existence. The Association especially looks after the interests of the Indian Rubber Industry both auto tyres and machinery. The Association involves around 1200 members affiliated to it who are spread all over the country. The Association has it central office located at Mumbai with 4 regional offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai and a Chapter office at Pune. The Association's activities are guided and decided by the Managing Committee comprising Honorary members, elected members and a few co-opted members with regional representation on a prescribed ratio as outlined in the Articles of Association.
The Association serves as one of the premier apex bodies in the Country serving the Indian Rubber Industry. Among its multi faceted activities are 'The India Rubber Expo organized every two years, which is the best platform for Manufacturers, Exporters and suppliers of rubber products, Rubber raw material, Machinery and testing Equipments. The largest Manufacturers, suppliers, service providers, consultants, Exporters, buyers and organizations related to Rubber industry from every corner of the world share this invaluable platform to get the best for their businesses.
Mission and Vision
- To promote and protect mainly the interest, growth and development of the rubber industry.
- To foster co-operation among the individuals and units engaged in the manufacture of rubber
goods with a view to advancing and safeguarding the interest of the industry.
- To provide common fora to exchange of views amongst the members.
- To arrange conferences,exhibitions, trade delegations, factory visits,
techno-commercial talks and allied activities.
- To investigate, collect and circulate information and statistics relating to the industry.
- To represent officially to the Government the views of the industry on
all matters affecting or likely to affect the industry.
- To help the members in solving most of the difficulties faced in procuring raw materials.
- To support or oppose legislative or other measures likely to affect the industry.
- To disseminate information through the official organ, periodicals, circulars, etc.
Members of the Association
- ORDINARY PATRON MEMBERS: All / any Company which is mostly carrying on the manufacture of finished goods or partly finished goods from Natural, Synthetic, Reclaim Rubber or Latex (Natural / Synthetic) shall be eligible to become Ordinary Patron Member.
- ASSOCIATE PATRON MEMBERS: Company engaged in the manufacture / supply/indenting of raw material, machinery or equipment or dealer /supplier of finished rubber goods can become an Associate Patron Member.
- ORDINARY MEMBERS: Any person or firm having an established place of business in India and carrying on or having obtained permit from the Government to carry on the manufacture of finished goods or partly finished goods from Natural, synthetic, Reclaim rubber or Latex (Natural and Synthetic) shall be eligible to become Ordinary Member of the Association.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS: Any person or firm having an established place of business in India and carrying on the processing or semi-processing of finished or partly finished rubber goods or dealing in rubber goods or trading as suppliers of raw materials, machinery, etc., to the rubber industry or even also acting as consultants or advisers - technical or otherwise to the Rubber Industry shall be eligible to become Associate Member of the Association.
- TECHNICAL MEMBERS: Any qualified individual residing in India having any of the following qualifications, is eligible to become a member in the Technical Class of the Association.
- Any Science Graduate with the subject Chemistry or Physics as principal subject or Engineering or Chemical Engineering Graduate connected with any branch of the rubber industry for a minimum period of two years. Any person who is having a minimum of five years' experience in a rubber factory as a Technician or in a rubber testing laboratory or in a rubber research institute. Any person who is holding Licentiateship, Diploma, Degree, Associateship or Fellowship in rubber from any recognized Institute, College or University in India or abroad.
Over the past decade, the Indian economy has witnessed rapid growth within the rubber industry, culminating with an unprecedented benchmark. The Indian rubber industry now stands tall as the world's largest producer and third largest consumer of rubber. This feat brings with it tremendous potentiality for the players in the rubber space. Owing to the increasing rubber consumption in the Asia Pacific region, the focal country for this decade is India, resulting in a huge scope for import of machinery, technology, raw materials and export of rubber goods.