SWEET POTATO SAMOSAS
Stirring frozen peas into hot mashed sweet potatoes means there's no need for thawing.This is a very good evening tiffin for all age groups especially for children.
(1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato (about 1 pound)
: 3 cups
Frozen petite green peas
: 1 1/2 cups
Garlic cloves, minced
: 1 1/2 tsp
Ground red pepper
: 1/8 to 1/4 tsp
Savory Cornmeal-Whole Wheat Dough circles
Combine sweet potato and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe pie plate or bowl; lightly cover with wax paper.
- Microwave at high 8 minutes or until tender, stirring every 3 minutes. Drain; coarsely mash sweet potato. Stir in peas.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes. Add mustard seeds and curry powder; saute 2 minutes. Add onion mixture, salt, and pepper to potato mixture; stir well. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place Savory Cornmeal-Whole Wheat Dough circles on a lightly floured surface. Spoon 1/4 cup potato mixture into center of each dough circle.
- Fold dough over filling; press edges together with a fork or fingers to seal. Place samosas on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pierce top of each samosa once with a fork. Bake at 425° for 19 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.