The young energetic actor of tamil cinema industry is actor Karthi who's full name is Karthik Sivakumar and he was born on 25 May in the year 1977. He his the youngest son of the famous actor Sivakumar and also the younger brother of actor Surya.
Actor Karthi has finished his Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and also did his Master's degree in Industrial Engineering. Karthi had an ambition to a film director so he returned to India from foreign after working there. He joined to the most famous director Mani Ratnam as an assistant director. He started his acting career by doing his debut movie Paruthiveeran in the year 2007 in the village guy character who is very careless and does rowdism.
Date Of Birth : 25th May 1977
Place Of Birth :Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Zodiac Sign : Gemini
For this movie he got several accalims and also won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor and also got the Tamil Nadu State Film Award. His next movie was Aayirathil Oruvan which was released in the year 2010 where he did the role of a coolie man, his second movie was directed by Selvaraghavan. In this movie also he received commercial success and after that movie he got leading roles in many movies like Paiyaa, Naan Mahaan Alla and Siruthai, which made him popular in the Tamil film industry. Inspite of his film career, actor Karthi has also been involved in many social welfare activities, he brings awareness among the people through the social clubs like "Makkal Nala Mandram". In the year 2011, he was one of the cause ambassador to promote awareness of lysosomal storage disease.
- Actor Karthi's first debut movie was Paruthiveeran in the year 2007, in the movie he did the leading role in the character of a rugged village guy. In that movie he was co-starred with actress Priyamani.
- The movie was a blockbuster hit and it was directed by the famous leading director ManiRathanam. For this movie he got the Filmfare award for the best actor in Tamil. And after that he did many movies.
For his blockbuster movie Paaruthiveeran he won three awards notably Flimfare awards for the best actor and Tamilnadu state special prize award and then Vijay awards for the best male debut in the year 2007.
Next for his movie Ayirathil Oruvan and Paiya , he was nominated for the Flimfare awards for the best actor in Tamil in the years 2009 and 2010.
- Karthi is one of the most handsome heros of the Kollywood cinema industry. He is most notable for his facial expression and way of speaking. The media reports shows that the actor earns in crores for his movies.
- Karthi worked with famous director Mani Ratnam as an Assistant director while working for the movie Aayutha Ezhuthu but as the director Mani ratnam offered Karthi to do a role in the same film but Karthi was not interested in acting so he was in the post of an assistant director . In the year 2006 actor Karthi' s career as the actor started. The chance was give by another director Ameer who wanted him to play a village boy rugged character.
so he played the lead role in his third movie Paruthiveeran.
- Karthi entered into the field of acting after getting suggestions from his father and elder brother Surya. The movie Paruthiveeran was released in the year 2007, and it was a blockbuster movie of that year , where Karthi earned many awards like Filmfare Best Debut and Best Actor awards in his first movie itself and that movie gave him a great platform to persue his acting career in the south Indian cinema industries. Later he did a movie Aayirathil Oruvan which was directed by another famous director Selvaraghvan , where he played the role of a coolie man and he got the chance to act with the famous actor Parthibhan. And in that movie he was co-starred with two heroines namely Andrea and Reemasan.
- And after that he did a fantasy movie called Paiya. In that movie only actor Karthi got a chance to show his original handsomeness and through this movie he got many fans and the movie got a romantic love story it was directed by the director Lingusamy. It was released in the year 2010 and it became successful at the box office. Here the actor was co-starred with the actress Thamamna. In the same year, his another movie Naan Mahaan Alla was released and it was directed by Suseendran and the movie also received some mixed reviews but it did not attain much success as other movies made by him. In that movie he co-starred with actress Kajal Agarwal and the movie was very homely.
- All the movies made by him in Tamil was subsequently dubbed into Telugu and all those movies got commercially succeeded. And his next movie venture was Siruthai which is a Telugu remake of the Telugu movie Vikramakoodu which was released for Pongal in the year of 2011 where he portrayed a dual role for the first time in the characters of a rowdy and a strict police officer and the movie became a huge hit in Cinema centers because of the commercial aspects in the movie Siruthai, where he was again co-starred with the actress Thamamna.
- Karthi Sivakumar's another movie is titled as 'Saguni' which was released at the end of the year 2011 . And the movie was a comedy one, it got mixed reviews and was good. Here he worked with the comedy actor Santhanam and other notable personalities like Roja , Radhika, etc. This movie was not that much successful like his other movies.
- Karthi was the younger son of Sivakumar and his wife Lakshmi. Sivakumar is one of the famous Tamil actor who has appeared in almost 200 films in Tamil . The veteran actor Sivakumar has two children; an elder son namely Suriya who is also a leading actor in the Tamil film industry, and a younger daughter named Brindha and our handsome hero Karthi. Another famous Tamil film actress, Jyothika Sadanah is Karthi's sister–in–law. On the 3rd July in the year 2011, Karthi joined hands with Ranjani Chinnasamy as her life partner, who had completed her Masters degree in English literature in Stella Maris College which is in Chennai. They got engaged on 29 April in the same year 2011 at Ranjani's native village which is Goundampalayam located in the Erode District, and their wedding was held at the CODISSIA trade fair complex which is in Coimbatore. Their wedding was completely arranged by the elders of the family. And the couple have a boy child.