The young charming and vibrantly fashionable girl Sonam Kapoor is the dear daughter of actor Anil Kapoor and model Sunita Kapoor. Her uncle is the famous film-maker Boney Kapoor. She has such a great film background and she surely has used the opportunity that came her way and has settled down in the industry of Bollywood.
She might have entered the Bollywood industry because of her filmy background but she has made her own mark for herself in the industry with her hard work and dedication. She has a younger sister Rhea and brother Harshvardhan. She did her schooling in Mumbai and she enrolled herself in United World College of South East Asia to do her International Baccalaureate. She is very fluent in the languages of English, Hindi and Punjabi. She is also a well -learned classical dancer of Indian and Latin forms.
Date Of Birth : 9th June, 1985
Place Of Birth: Chembur, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Sonam Kapoor has also studied at University of East London and is a very notable alumini. She is often called as the fashionista by a lot of people for her fashion sense. Her presence in the Bollywood has been felt for a lot of years since she debuted in Bollywood because of her dedication and style and fashion sense. She has left a mark in Bollywood in her own style and has gained name and fame with the right amount of hard work and dedication.
- Her debut film was in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film Saawariya in which she was paired opposite the newcomer Ranbir Kapoor.
- The film did not do that well at the box office but that did not stop the girl from getting nominated for the award for Filmfare Best Debutant-female.
- Her performance was appreciated and it proved that she has a lot of potential to become a successful actress.
In the year 2008 she won the Superstar Of Tomorrow-Female award at the Stardust Award function. Besides she was nominated for :
- The Best Female Debutant Award at the Filmfare Award function in the year 2008 for Saawariya.
- Most Promising Newcomer Award at the Screen Award function in the year 2008 for Saawariya.
- Jodi No.1 along with Ranbir Kapoor for Saawariya at the Screen Award function.
- Best Female Debut for Saawariya at the Zee Cine Award function in the year 2008.
- Star Debut of the year–female for Saawariya at the IIFA Award function in the year 2008.
- Best Debutant-Female for Delhi-6 at the Asian Film Award function in the year 2010.
- Best Comedy/Romance Actress award for Thank You at the Stardust Award function in the year 2012.
- International Icon of the year-Female at the Zee Cine Award function in the year 2012.
She has won a lot of titles and achievements like Sony Fresh Face Of The Year in the year 2008 for Saawariya, Brand Ambassador Of The Year by NDTV in the year 2011, Face Of The Year – Female at the Hello! Hall of Fame Awards in the year 2011 and Fun Fearless Female Best Dressed title by Cosmopolitan Awards in the year 2012.
- Though she has not given many box office hits her salary is quite high with a sum of rupees 2-4 crores for a film and she charges somewhere around 1 crore for endorsements. It was her fashion and style sense that has helped her reach the amount of popularity she has got.
- She finished her schooling in a school in Mumbai and she she enrolled herself in United World College of South East Asia to do her International Baccalaureate. Then she went to Singapore to study acting in theatres and when she returned back she got an opportunity to assist the great ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali during his film Black and it helped her to gain insight of film-making.x
- The film was highly applauded by both the film critics and the audience. In the year 2010 she did I Hate Luv Stories in which she was paired along with Imran Khan and the film was a box office hit. Infact it was her first ever box office hit of her career. Then in the same year she lined it up with the film Aisha in which she was paired opposite Abhay Deolbut the film again failed to do well at the box office.
- In the year 2011 she lined it up with the film Thank You in which she was paired opposite Akshay Kumar and Mausam in which she was paired opposite Shahid Kapoor. Both the films failed to do well at the box office. In the year 2012 she was seen in Abbas-Mustan's thriller film Players in which she was paired opposite Abhishek Bachan.
- Unfortunately even this film did not do so well at the box office. Her films might have not done well at the box office but she has not stopped being a fashionista. She make heads turn with her elegant and yet stylish fashion sense and is one of the best dressed actresses in the industry who has also represented India at the global platform.
- Though her relationship status is single she is reportedly been linked with her co-stars including her first co-star Ranbir Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor, etc.