Suriya is one of the most famous and youthful actors of the Tamil cinema industry who is also a producer, philanthropist and television presenter and he works predominantly in the Tamil cinema industry. Suriya has acted in 28 movies in various characters as a lead actor.
He has made many successful movies like Nandha which was released in the year 2001, Kaakha Kaakha in 2003, Pithamagan in 2003, Perazhagan in 2004 , Ghajini in 2005, Vel in 2007 , Vaaranam Aayiram in 2008, Ayan in 2009, Aadhavan in 2009, Singam in 2010, 7aum Arivu in 2011 and Maattrraan in 2012.
He has also worked in the Bollywood movie with Rakht Charitra which released in the year 2010. In the year 2010 he has won three awards in Tamil movies and then three Filmfare Award of south.He established himself as an energetic and competing actor among all other actors of the cinema industry.
Date Of Birth : 23rd July 1975
Place Of Birth :Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Zodiac Sign :Leo
He then took a role of a film producer after inauguration of Studio Green, which was much helpful for producing and in the distribution a few of his own movies and his younger brother Karthi's films. He was born to one of the most successful actors Sivakumar of Tamil Kollywood industry and he got married with actress Jyothika in the year 2006, after enjoying their lovable days for several years. In the year 2008, he started Agaram Foundation, which funds many programs for preventing early childhood dropouts. And in 2012, Suriya took the role of the host for the STAR Vijay TV game show Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi.
- Suriya started his film career from the movie Nerrukku Ner in the year 1997 with the famous actor Vijay. Then he did another movie with actor Vijay in the movie Friends and he did individual role in the movie Nandha, for which he received the first Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actor.
- The movie Nandha turned out to be a good movie in his career because it was the stage for showing Surya's acting talents.Surya's next movie was with Vikraman in the film Unnai Ninaithu and his next blockbuster movie was Mounam Pesiyadhe.
In the year 2003 he won the best supporting actor award for the movie Pithamagan
In the year 2004 he won the best actor award for the movie Perazhagan
In the year 2008 he again won the best actor award for the movie varanam ayiram
And for the other movies like Ayan , Singam, kaakha kaakha, 7am Arivu he was nominated for the best actor award. And also he won special awards for the movies Ghajini, varanam ayiram.
- Suriya is one of the famous and the topmost hero of the Kollywood industry now. And reports say that he earns in crores for his movies. He is the one among the smartest heroes of the upcoming generations.
- Suriya's debut Film was Nerrukku Ner which was released in the year 1997 and it was directed by Vasanth, and he acted with Simran and actor Vijay. The next movie was released in the year 1998 called 'Kadhale Nimmali' in which he got a chance with co-actor Murali. And then Surya acted in the movie poovellam kettupar which was directed by Director Vasanth and it was the first film for Suriya in which he acted with Jyothika.
- And on Jan 14, 2001 both Surya and Vijay together acted in the movie 'Friends' which was directed by Siddique which was a comedy film with many emotional scenes bringing up the friendship between three friends. Director Bala gave the turning point in his career by giving him a chance to perform the lead role in his movie 'Nandha'. This movie was released in the month of November 2001. Then in the same year he did the movie Shree which was a flop.
- And the most thrilling movie 'Kaakha Kaakha' which was directed by Gowtham Menon has given Suriya a great turning point in his life and in this movie Suriya and Jyothika were the pair and this was the time when both of them became closer to each other. After 2 months of gap the movie 'Pithamaghan' was released which was again directed by Bala. Surya and actor Vikram won several awards for that movie and that movie was a box-office hit.
- In the year 2005, 'Maayavi' which was again directed by Bala's assistant Singam Puli had Surya and Jyothika acting together. The same year also had a blockbuster box-office hit movie 'Ghajini' acted by him and directed by Murugadoss which was later released in Hindi by Aamir Khan in the same name. After his marriage , he continues his career till date and he has made movies like 'Aru','Vel',' Vaaranam Aayiram' and 'Singam' which was directed by Hari. And he has done blockbuster movies like "7 am arrivu" with Kamal Hassan's daughter and the movie Mattran which released in 2012 paired up with Kajal Agarwal.
- Surya married the Tamil actress Jyothika after few years of dating. They got married on September 11th, 2006. In the year 2007 he got a daughter named Diya. And then a boy baby after two years. And Suriya has a younger brother Karthi who is also doing various roles in the Kollywood industry. Suriya as an elder brother supports his brother Karthi very much in the field and he proves himself to be a good son for his father Siva Kumar and an encouragable brother for Karthi and also does a smart character in his roles in his movies. He is also a very passionate father for his children. Suriya and Jyothika seems to be a wonderful couple and they still remain the fresh colgate made for each other and they seem to be example for the other couples. Surya's family also gives a good example for joint family system in this generation.