One of the most famous celebrities of the Tamil cinema industry is Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar who is commonly known as Vijay. Born on 22nd June 1974, he is an Indian actor who is also a playback singer, brand ambassador and lastly producer, who works constantly in the Tamil movie industry, he is also the son of cinema director and as well as the leading producer S. A. Chandrasekhar.
Vijay has made his debut movie in the year 1992 in the film Naalaya Theerpu, and then he gave a continuous rain of movies which gave numerous commercially successful hits such as Poove Unakkaga , Love Today , Kadhalukku Mariyadhai , Priyamudan , Thulladha Manamum Thullum , Kushi , Priyamaanavale , Ghilli , Pokkiri , Kaavalan , Velayudham and Nanban in the year 2012.
Date Of Birth : 22nd June, 1974.
Place Of Birth :Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Zodiac Sign :Cancer
Up to this date, actor Vijay has done 53 films in the major role. Vijay has been widely called as Ilayathalapathy which means "Young Commander" due to his early leading roles . He has got two Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, he was also nominated for one Filmfare Award and has been honored for the doctorate by MGR University for his great philanthropic works in the year 2007. He has also launched Vijay Makkal Iyakkam, which is a social welfare organization started in the year 2009. He has been involved in politics by supporting the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) in the year 2011 in the Tamil Nadu assembly election. Vijay as a great brand ambassador also does various advertisements for companies including Tata DoCoMo and Jos Alukkas, and is the former ambassador role of Coca-Cola in India and also for the Chennai Super Kings team during the match
- In the year 1992 actor Vijay did the leading role in his debut movie Naalaya therrpu.
- In his first leading role movie itself he got commercial success and it gave him a great turning point in his movie career.
- He is also greatly interested in doing many different roles.
In the year 1997 in the blockbuster movie kadhaluku mariyathai Vijay has got the Tamilnadu state best actor award for doing the leading role.
In the year 2005 for doing the active role of sivagiri in the movie Thirupachi he won the Tamilnadu state special prize for best actor award.
In the year 2007 for the box-office hit movie Pokkiri for doing the role of tamizh(satyamoorthy) he won nearly two awards namely Vijay awards for the best entertainer of the year and Mathurubhumi best actor award for Tamil and then he was nominated for the filmfare best actor award.
In the year 2007 for the movie Azagiya tamil magan for doing the dual roles he got the Vijay award for the best entertainer.And then for the movie kuruvi he was nominated for the Vijay award for the favourite hero.
In the year 2009 he won the Vijay award for the favourite actor for the movie Kavalan. For the movie Velayutham which was released in the year 2011 he won the Edison Award for Best Actor Superstar Rajini Award.
- Actor Vijay of Kollywood industry has done amazing jobs by doing various different roles in almost 53 movies and still keeps on moving preceeding his roles in new new upcoming movies.The actor is expected to receive nearly more than one crore for his roles in movies .And Vijay is also the most popular and young heros of the Kollywood industry.
- Actor Ilaya Thalapathi Vijay started his career by appearing in several movies under his father's direction in the early 1990's. He did the leading role in the debut movie Naalaya Theerpu which was released in the year 1992, after that he acted in several action movies and romantic movies . During these years in the Tamil cinema industry, he was nominated for one Filmfare Award and also won two Tamil film awards.
- Vijay took the role in several romance movies and in action movies, which also gave him commercially successful films like Poove Unakkaga which was released in the year 1996, Kadhalukku Mariyadhai in the year 1997, Kushi in the year 2000, Ghilli in the year 2004 and in the year 2007 he acted in the movie Pokkiri . He is the brand ambassador for the cricket team Chennai Super Kings.
- Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar is a famous Indian film actor who first began his career by taking minor roles as a child artist in the Kollywood industry and has also attended many theatres for stage plays, to begin his dream to act. After doing minor roles for five years and unnoticed roles in Tamil films, he gained the position in the year 1996 by playing the leading role of Raja in the Tamil hit movie Poove Unakkaga which was the first blockbuster movie and after that Vijay has acted in almost forty Indian films. With his main interest being acting in Tamil language films, he earned the great prestigious title of Ilayathalapathy by the year 1996.
- This title name is for the credits of all his successful projects. It is proud to Vijay is that he is currently the third most popular Indian actor in the Tamil cinema industry in the world next to senior actors like Sivaji Ganeshan, Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth. He also comes from a family which has the background and the strong experience in the Tamil movie industry.
- He has given a great name for the Kollywood industry.He has also made many successful box-office hit movies like Alagiya Tamil Magan in which he did the dual role acting as twins in which he was co-starred with Sherya. And he also gave the movie Velayutham in the year 2011. And again once more gave the awesome movie Nanban in the year 2012.
- Actor Vijay has married Sangeetha Sornalingam. She belongs to Sri Lanka. They got married on 25th August in the year 1999.Vijay and his wife Sangeetha have got two children , first they got a son named Jason Sanjay who was born in the year 2000 in London and then a daughter named Divya Saasha who is born in the year 2005 in Chennai. Vijay's parents wanted him to become a doctor but due to his lack of interest in the medicine field and having lots of interest in his family occupation in the cinema industry he trained up himself to enter into the ocean field of cinema .And he has been successful in that field due to his hardwork and interest. He proved himself to be a good son,husband and a dad for his parents ,wife and his children. Vijay plays a good citizenship in the society. He does many useful things to the society and gained a separate high place in the hearts of many people.