This is a traditional Iyengar sweet prepared in temples as prasaadam. It is called Akkaravadisal or Akkaravadesil. Akkaravadisal is more gooey (kinda semi solid) and is cooked in milk.
- Warm saffron, crush , mix with cardamom powder.
- Lightly roast moong dhal, mix with rice and soak in water for 30 mts.
- In a big casserole take milk & Micro Hi for 10 mts.
- Remove , add strained rice-dhal mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Micro Med (70) for 25 mts stirring frequently and thoroughly in between.
- Remove , mash very lightly with a ladle or a handblender for just a few seconds. Add jaggery and sugar.
- Stir very well and Micro Low(40) for 10 mts.
- Add cardamom pdr and saffron.
- In another small casserole ,take ghee, cashew and raisins , Micro Med for 5 mts stirring once inbetween and add to the above.
- Serve hot .