MICROWAVE ALOO KI TIKKI
Aloo ki Tikki is a popular chaat recipe.Potatoes, peas and mild Indian spices make up the base of these easy-to-prepare patties. Serve with a variety of chutneys, either as an appetizer or as a nice light meal with a side salad.
: 250 gms
Chat masala powder
: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder
: 1/4 tsp
Red chille pwdr
: 1/2 tsp
Green chillies (chopped)
: 2 − 3
Chopped green coriander (dhania)
: 2 tbsp
Boil potatoes. Allow to stand for 5 mins. Peel and mash the potatoes
- Wash and soak chana dal in a cup of water for 1/2 an hour. Boil soaked dal with 1 cup of water in a covered microwave safe bowl for 10 mins. at 100% power. And for another 4 mins at 60% power. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Make a smooth mixture of mashed potatoes and bread crumbs.
- Mix dal with all the ingredients of the filling (except oil) and keep aside.
- Make small balls of the potato mixture, applying little oil on your hands. Fill with the above mixture and shape with them into small tikkis.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degree Celsius at convection mode.
- Place the prepared tikkis on greased non-stick tawa / microwave flat safe dish on high rack and bake at 250 degree Celsius for 25 − 30 mins.
- Reposition frequently for uniform browning.
- Relish with green chutney and sonth.