BENGALI FISH KEEMA
A tasty savory mince fish that will warm you through in the winter.It is not a heavy meal either which is a bonus which is hard to stop eating.
Ginger garlic paste
: 1 tbsp
Red Chilli/paste powder
: 1 tbsp
Add salt and turmeric to the fish and keep aside for 10 min. Place the fishes in a microwave safe dish,sprinkle 2 table spoons of water and microwave on high for 7 mins.
- Allow it to stand for 5 mins in the oven.Remove the fish from the oven and then remove the bones from the fish( they easily come out because the stomach peices dont have too many bones).
- Add the de-boned fish to a electric mixer and grind for 1 min with some green chilies.Remove the fish from the grinder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds,bay leaves,once they crackle,add the chopped onion.
- Fry the onion til golden brown and then add the ginger garlic paste,red chili paste & cumin paste.Fry on low flame for 3 mins till the spices cook well. Then add the tomato pieces and turmeric powder.
- Then add the fish paste and simmer down the flame.sprinkle oil and salt as per taste around the pan and keep turning the mixture of fish and spices so that they mix and cook well.
- Cook on low flame for 15-20 min. Once the fish looks brown , add the garam masala powder and remove from flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed basmati rice.