MICROWAVE BREAD PUDDING
This old fashioned, warmly spiced bread pudding is from a simpler era. A timeless recipe passed from family to family; it is the best.
Heavy whipping cream
: 3/4 cup
Semisweet chocolate chips
: 1/2 cup
Whipped cream cheese
: 1/4 cup
White bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
: 10 slices
Peanut butter cups, quartered
: 15 miniature
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream, chocolate chips, cream cheese, sugar and butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Add the bread cubes; toss to coat.
- Place half of the bread mixture in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish.
- Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; top with the remaining bread mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until peanut butter cups are melted. Serve warm.