A healthy and simple recipe for breakfast. Can be easily carried to work place as well.Sometimes we want to cook a quick meal for dinner or lunch and we expect it to be delicious too. Bread Upma is that kind of dish which is easy to make and yummy too. And it sometime helps you to get rid of your bread which is sitting in your kitchen for a long time
Bread Slices, cut fine
: 6 big
Yoghurt, beaten well
: 1 cup
Mustard and Cumin seeds
: 1 tsp
Green Chillies, finely chopped
Tomato, finely chopped
: 1 big
Turmeric powder and Chilli powder
: 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped, fresh, Coriander to garnish
Stir the bread pieces in yoghurt and keep aside for about 10 minutes. Pour the oil in a microwave-safe deep bowl.
- Toss in the mustard seeds and microwave covered on high (100%) power for about 4 minutes till they splutter.
- Toss in the cumin seeds and stir till they change color. Add the curry leaves, chopped green chillies and tomatoes.
- Mix well and microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes or till the tomatoes are cooked and soft.
- Add the bread, salt, turmeric and chilli powders. Mix well. Microwave covered on high (100%) power for about 2 minutes.
- Cover and keep for some time before serving. Serve hot garnished with chopped fresh coriander along with Onion Chutney (Pyaz ki Chutney).