This is a biryani made with Brinjals and spices.This biryani can also be tried with cauliflower,ghee-sauted Paneer pieces,Mushrooms,Sweet Corn Kernels,etc,.
: 1/2 kg
Basmati rice - washed, drained
and ghee-sauted(1 tbsp ghee)
: 2 cups
: 1/2 cup
: 1 tsp
South-indian biryani masala
: 1 tsp
Thick coconut milk
: 1 cup
Second coconut milk
: 1 1/2 cup
Saffron strands-soaked in warm water
Ghee with 1 tbsp refined oil
: 2 tsp
Few mint and coriander leaves
Take a microwave bowl.Add ghee,oil,bay leaf,cloves,cardamoms,cinnamon stick,sliced Onions and ginger-garlic paste .Mix well and Microwave this on High for 2 mins.
- Take the bowl out,add chopped tomatoes,chilli powder,biryani masala,green chillies,salt,few mint and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and microwave this on high for 3 mins.
- Add brinjal pieces,lemon juice and fresh green peas and mix well.Microwave this on high for 30 seconds.
- Transfer this to a pressure pan,add ghee sauted basmati rice,thick and second coconut milk,soaked saffron strands with water,few mint and coriander leaves and pressure cook upto 1 whistle(not more than 1 whistle).
- Turn off the flame.Serve this hot with Korma,raita of ur choice,etc,.