BROKEN WHEAT UPMA RECIPE
This is a popular indian dish. It is generally eaten as a tasty breakfast.
Broken wheat (dalia)
: 1/2 cup
Green chilli, chopped
Mustard seeds (rai)
: 1/4 tsp
: 2 tbsp
Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the oil and mustard seeds in a microwave safe bowl and microwave covered for 1 minute.
- Add the onions, green chilli and ginger and microwave uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, carrots, broken wheat and salt and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water, cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring once in between after 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.