BROWN RICE BIRYANI WITH CHUTNEY CHICKEN
This is a fragrant biryani with chicken marinated in green chutney.
Brown rice, soaked
: 1 1/2 cups
Chicken, With bones
: 800 grams
: 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped
: 4 tbsp
: 7-8 strands
Onions, sliced and deep fried
: 2-3 medium
Garam masala powder
: 1 tsp
Take green chutney in a bowl, add yogurt, salt, turmeric powder and mix. Marinate chicken pieces in it for an hour.
- Cook brown rice in a microwave with salt, half the cinnamon, green cardamoms and cloves till three fourth done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, add the remaining cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves and sliced onions and saute till the onions turn brown. Add garlic paste, ginger paste and saute adding a little water to avoid scorching. Add marinated chicken, mix and cook. Reduce heat, cover and cook for five minutes. Add chopped fresh coriander leaves. Dissolve saffron in milk.
- Take a deep microwave bowl. Spread a layer of half the brown rice at the base. Sprinkle half the saffron milk, rose petals, mint leaves, fried onions, kewra water, rose water and garam masala powder.
- Spread the chicken gravy and again spread layers of the remaining brown rice, saffron milk, rose petals, mint leaves, fried onion, kewra water, rose water and garam masala powder.
- Cover with a cling wrap, make a few holes on it. Cook on Microwave HIGH (100%) for five minutes.Allow standing time of five minutes. Remove the wrap and serve hot with a raita of your choice.