MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN
Caramel popcorn made in under 15 minutes with the miracle of the microwave.
: 4 quarts
Light corn syrup
: 1/4 cup
Place the popped popcorn into a large brown paper bag. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, or other heat-proof glass dish, combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Heat for 3 minutes in the microwave, then take out and stir until well blended.
- Return to the microwave, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave, and stir in the baking soda.
- Pour syrup over the popcorn in the bag. Roll down the top once or twice to close the bag, and shake to coat the corn.
- Place bag into the microwave, and cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Remove, shake, flip the bag over, and return it to the microwave.
- Cook for another 1 minute and 10 seconds. Dump the popcorn out onto waxed paper, and let cool until coating is set. Store in an airtight container.