Carrot halwa" is the most famous north indian sweet item rich in vitamin A as its main ingredient is carrot and fat as its secondary ingredient is ghee and milk.Vitamin A is good eyes .
: 1/2 tsp
Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the grated carrots mix well and microwave for 2 minutes, until the raw smell of carrot goes away.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl mix together the milk, milk powder, sugar to form a thick paste.
- Add this to the cooked carrots in the microwave bowl mix well and microwave for 7 to 8 minutes stirring the mixture after every 2 minutes.
- If the mixture appears too dry, add little milk and microwave for a minute. If it appears too wet, then microwave for couple of minutes more.
- Add the cardamom powder, sliced nuts and mix well.