Poriyal is the Tamil word means veggies sauted with onions , green chillies or red chillies.Usually Caulifower Poriyals are dry and a side dish to Rice and sambhar.
: 1/4 tsp
Wash and cook the moong dal seperately (3/4 cook) adding enough water. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Cut the cauliflower florets and rinse it with hot water adding some salt to it. This will kill any germs inside the flower.
- Add enough water to the florets and microwave it for 5mins. Then drain the excess water and chop the florets finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, pop mustard and 1/2 of the chopped onion and saute until it is done.
- Add little turmeric powder and the chopped cauliflower florets.
- Coarsely grind chopped onion, green chilly, garlic, and coconut , add this to the cauliflower and mix everything together.
- Allow it to cook until all the water evaporates from the mixture, now add the cooked moong dal and enough salt and stir it.
- Finally garnish with cilantro.