Here is the recipe for making a very tasty Chicken Curry with a nice gravy. The use of coconut milk enhances the flavor of this curry but is optional.Chicken Curry goes well with Chappathi, Roti, Paratha, Kerala Porotta, Appam, Bread and so on.
Onions, thinly sliced
Garlic, peeled and crushed
: 2 cloves
Broiler-fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
: 1 (3-pound)
Tomatoes peeled and thinly sliced
: 2 large
Chopped tart apple
: 1/2 cup
In a deep, 3 quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add green pepper and thinly sliced onion and garlic to vegetable oil.
- Heat on full power , uncovered, 5 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender.In a small mixing bowl combine allspice, ginger, curry, turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture onto chicken with hands until chicken is evenly covered.
Add chicken, tomatoes and 1 cup of chicken stock to onion-pepper mixture.
- Heat, covered, on roast for 14 minutes.
- Add an additional cup of chicken stock, tart apples and heat, covered, on roast for 14 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add green peas and heat, covered, on roast for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.