CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
These chocolate chip cookies are made with rolled oats and chopped pecans or walnuts.The cookies have just the right amount of chocolate chips to appease any chocolate lover, but not so much that the flavors of the oats and vanilla are drowned out.
Butter or margarine, softened
: 1 cup
: 1 1/2 cups
Quick cooking oats, uncooked
: 2 cups
Semisweet chocolate morsels
: 1 (12 ounce) pack.
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating at low speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stir in mint chips.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets; bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.