All you need is a microwave to make these gooey and crunchy, coconut-chocolate treats.
Margarine or butter
: 4 tbsp
Unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
: 4 ounce(s)
: 1 bags(10-ounce)
Crisp rice cereal
: 6 cups
Sweetened flaked coconut
: 2 1/2 cups
Sweetened condensed milk
: 1 can(s) (14-ounce)
: 1/2 tsp
Roasted salted almonds, coarsely chopped
: 1/4 cup
In microwave-safe large bowl, combine margarine and 2 ounces chocolate. Cook in microwave on High 1 minute. Add marshmallows and cook on High 1 minute longer.
- Stir marshmallow mixture; microwave 20 seconds longer or until marshmallows are completely melted. Stir until blended. Add crisp rice cereal and stir well to coat evenly.
- Spray palm of 1 hand with cooking spray, and while marshmallow mixture is still warm, spoon by 1/4 cups into prepared muffin cups, using hand to press down firmly. Set aside.
- In microwave-safe medium bowl, stir coconut and 2/3 cup of the milk until blended.
- Cook in microwave on High 1 minute. Stir; cook on High 2 minutes longer,stirring once. Let stand 10 minutes.
- While coconut mixture is still warm, spoon by packed tablespoons onto center of each cup, pressing lightly.
- In microwave-safe small bowl, combine remaining 2 ounces chocolate and remaining milk. Cook in microwave on High 1 minute until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Add water and vanilla and stir until smooth. Drizzle each cake with 1 heaping teaspoon chocolate mixture.Immediately sprinkle each with almonds, pressing lightly to adhere to chocolate. If not serving right away, cover tightly and refrigerate up to 3 days.