COCONUT CURRY WITH VEGETABLES
Microwave Goan Vegetable Curry is also famous as Khatkhate.
Chopped mixed vegetables
(potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, french beans, green peas)
: 4 cups
: 2 Flakes
: 1 Inch piece
Green chillies, chopped
Finely chopped coriander leaves
: To Garnish
Take 1-1/2 tbsp of butter in a microwave-safe bowl along with the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and mix well.
- Microwave uncovered on high mode for about 3 minutes till the onions are transparent and soft.
- Let them cool and then grind to make a fine paste, set aside.
- Pour rest of the butter in the same microwave-safe bowl, along with the paste, mix well.
- Microwave uncovered on high mode for 3 minutes until the moisture has dried up and the fat has left the sides of the bowl.
- Add chopped vegetables and salt to it. Now combine water and keep stirring.
- Cover it and Microwave on 70 percent power for about 7 minutes, stirring twice or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add coconut milk to it, keep stirring. Sprinkle garam masala and cover it.
- Microwave on 70 percent power for about 2 minutes, be careful the coconut milk does not curdle.Garnish Microwave Goan Veg Curry with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve