MICROWAVE COCONUT MIXED RICE
Microwave Coconut Rice is a perfect recipe for any special occasion.
Cooked long grain rice
: 4 Cups
Red chillies broken into bits
Each of split black gram and split bengal gram
: 2 tsp
Green chillies, chopped
A handful fried cashewnuts
: to garnish
Place melted butter in a big deep microwave-safe bowl.
- Add mustard seeds, grams, red chilli bits and asafoetida to it.
- Microwave covered on high mode for 3 minutes until the mustard seeds splutter and the grams turn light brown.
- Combine the chopped green chillies, curry leaves and the grated coconut with it and mix well.
- Microwave uncovered over 80 percent power for about 2 minutes, stirring at regular intervals until the coconut is light brown.
- Add the cooked rice and salt to the coconut mixture.
- Microwave covered on high mode for 3 minutes until the rice is flavoured with the coconut mixture.
- Garnish the coconut rice with fried cashewnuts.