CORN & CABBAGE
The smoky spicy flavors of the paprika and chipotle played accented the sweetness of the roasted pepper and corn. The cabbage might seem like an odd addition but it really was pleasant.
(30 mL) margarine
: 2 tbsp
(625 mL) frozen corn
: 2 1/2 cups
(500 mL) cabbage shredded
: 2 cups
Place bacon on a microwave-safe rack or on 2 sheets of white paper towelling.
- Microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Place the margarine in a 4-cup (1 L) microwave-safe dish and melt 2 minutes at HIGH.
- Add the water, corn, cabbage, savory, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
- Stir and let stand 5 minutes.
- The cabbage and corn must remain a little crunchy.
- Top with bacon.
- Microwave 1 minute at HIGH.