CORN FLOUR HALWA
This halwa is an awesome treat and fully cooked in microwave. One can not even guess that the sweet's main ingredient in Corn Flour. It is sure a heavenly treat. Its a no mess, fully microwave cooked, easy recipe that will be ready in minutes.
Saffron(optional if using the artificial color)
: A pinch
Elachi (Take out the seeds and grind to a coarse powder)
: 6 to 7 pods
Orange Red Color (Optional )
: A pinch
Pistachio nuts chopped (Any kind of chopped nuts is fine)
: A handful
Take Corn Flour in a Microwave safe bowl. Preferably a little big. I used the corning ware big size.
- Pour 2 Cups of Water. Whisk well until there are no lumps.
- Mix in the sugar and whisk until even distribution.
- Add the Saffron.
- Microwave on High for 2 minutes. Stir and again Microwave on High for 2 minutes. Repeat this until the conflour's raw smell goes. If you think the content is thickening too quickly, add little water and stir until even distribution and again.
- Microwave for 1 or 2 minutes, or until the content becomes a little semisolid and the Corn Flour raw smell disappears completely.
- Grease a dish with Ghee and add the remaining Ghee, Ground Elachi and the chopped nuts to the content and stir until even distribution.
- Cook again for a minute or two in microwave.
- The consistency will resemble a jelly, somewhat semi solid, trying to set.
- Immediately pour the content in the greased dish