MICROWAVE CREAMY CHICKEN BREASTS
This creamy chicken dish is a quick and easy meal.
(1/4 stick) margarine
: 2 tbsp
Asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
: 1/2 lb
Chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut in half
: 2 whole lg
Mild curry powder
: 1/4 tsp
Salt and pepper
: To taste
Heavy or whipping cream
: 1 cup
In 8x12 inch microwave baking dish, place margarine. Heat covered with paper towels on high for 45 seconds.
- Stir in green onions and asparagus. Place chicken breasts on top with thicker parts toward outside edge of dish.
- Cook on high 5-7 minutes until chicken turns opaque.
- Remove chicken to plate, cover and keep warm.
- In small bowl, combine flour, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Add to vegetables; stir until blended. Cook on high 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Cook on high 4-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to dish. Spoon sauce over. Cook on high 1-2 minutes until juices are clear.