EASY RICE BREAKFAST TREAT
Cold rice and hot milk combine with spices and sugar to make the perfect breakfast treat.This tastes pretty funny if the rice was cooked in chicken broth.
Uncooked white rice
: 1 1/2 cups
: 1/2 tsp
Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread rice onto a platter and allow to cool in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir together 2 cups of the rice and 1 cup milk in each of two microwave-safe bowls.
- Cook in microwave on high until hot but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a sealable bag; shake to mix.
- Divide the mixture between the two bowls of rice; stir through.