FRESH MINT FLAVOURED BASMATI RICE
This tastes very good today and the flavour of mint is an extra bonus.
Long-grain basmati rice
(cleaned, washed and soaked )
: 1 cup
Fresh mint leaves, washed and torn
Heat water in a pot on high flame.
- Once it starts bubbling, lower heat and add the drained rice and salt.
- Stir once and allow to cook.
- Once it comes half-way to a boil, add the mint leaves.
- Lower flame, partially cover with a lid and allow it to cook until almost three-fourth done.
- Uncover and drain in a colander(done to remove the starch).
- Transfer to a clean(and preferably warm) casserole or serving container.
- Otherwise, alternatively, transfer to a microwave-safe container and microwave for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.