GAJAR LAGANNU ACINAR RECIPE
Gajar Lagannu Acinar has a two taste in one. The malt vinegar, chilli powder with seedless dates gives the Gajar Lagannu Acinar a two dimensional taste. Must catch it.
Carrots washed, skinned and coarsely grated
: 2 kg
: 1 1/2 bottles
Black currants deseeded
: 100 gms
Finely sliced ginger
: 4 tbsp
Finely chopped garlic
: 4 tbsp
Keep carrots in the sun for 2 hours.
- Wash the chopped dry fruits and black currants in vinegar (not water).
- Then strain the vinegar through a muslin cloth.
- Soak the dry fruit in the same vinegar overnight.
- Next day strain the vinegar into a bowl.
- Microwave the vinegar with jaggery for 2 minutes breaking the jaggery into small pieces in between so that it melts.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and chilli powder.
- Microwave for 2 minutes stirring in between.
- Stir in carrots and salt.
- Microwave for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the fruits and microwave for another 10 minutes stirring it a few times until the mixture thickens.
- Leave overnight to cool.
- Bottle in air-tight sterilized jars.