A wheat flour sweet which is easy to prepare in very less time. It can be stored for many days without spoiling the original taste.
Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
: 1/2 cup
Jaggery (gur), grated
: 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds (khus-khus)
: 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder (elaichi)
: 1/4 tsp
Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a 100 mm. (4") diameter greased thali. Keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and wheat flour in a glass bowl and microwave on HIGH
for 3 minutes 30 seconds, till it turns golden brown in colour. Mix well.
- Remove from the microwave and add the jaggery and cardamom powder
while the mixture is hot. Stir well till the jaggery melts.
- Pour the mixture into the greased thali with poppy seeds while still warm and
spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori).
- Cut into diamond shapes while still warm.
- Store in an air-tight container when cool.