HILSA WITH MUSTARD SMOKED IN BANANA LEAVES
A Bengali meal without fish is incomplete. Fishes are prepared in the most nutritious as well as delicious way to complement any daily Bengali meal or occasion.
: 1 1/2 tsp
: 1/2 tbsp
Place the fish pieces in a flat dish. Add masala pastes and salt.
- Mix the fish and masala pastes together.
- Add mustard oil and green chilies and mix again.
- On the tawa or iron griddle place, 2-3 banana leaves one on top of the other and another 2-3 leaves crosswise over the first ones.
- Now carefully place the masala coated fishes in the center of the leaves.
- Pour the extra oil and masala on the top.
- Fold the banana leaves like a packet and tie it with a string.
- Make individual packets and place it in a flat dish and cook for 15-20 mins in medium heat.