IDLIS IN MICROWAVE
Idli also romanized "idly"is a south Indian savory cake popular throughout India. The cakes are usually two to three inches in diameter and are made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils and rice.
: For greasing
Soak Urad Daal and rice separately for 6-8 hours after washing it.
- Grind both smoothly after adding little water and keep it in a place overnight to ferment.
- The coming day beat up the batter (mixture of rice and urad daal) well adding little water (if necessary) and salt for taste.
- Take the Microwave friendly Idli steamer and apply coconut oil in the idly dents.
- Fill the Idly dents with batter and Pour 3 to 4 table spoon of water into the Idly steamer pot.
- Close the container and microwave it for 5 minutes.