KAJU - KATLI
Kaju katli is an Indian sweet similar to a barfi.It is made from cashews, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee. Typically cut into rhombus shape and covered with edible silver foil, varakh.
Cashew nut Powder
: 1 cup
Rose essence, extra Cashew nut powder
: To taste
Mix all ingredients given in (1) in a bowl. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Stir and again microwave on high power for 2 minutes. As the mixture starts becoming dry and bubbles appear on surface of the mixture, stop the heat.
- Cool the mixture. Keep stirring in-between.
- Mix rose essence, Add some more cashew nut powder (if required) and knead well to make smooth dough. Roll with a rolling pin in a thin layer.
- Cut the pieces in diamond shape. Spread warkh on it. Kaju-katli is ready.
- Aai's Special tips
(1) You can use milk powder instead of khoya or even khoya can be omitted.
(2) Badam or Pista katli is made like kaju-katli using almond or pistachio powder.