KAL FLOWER SHRIMP
There are days when you don't feel like cooking, yet feel like eating a home made dinner.On those days, consider cooking Kal flower shrimp.If you have the raw materials ready, you can cook within 1/2 hr.With Rice or "Chapati/Puri", this is a delicious but complete meal.You may have this dish on a holiday morning at breakfast.
: 1-1/2" pieces.
Frozen cocktail shrimp
: 1 lb
: 1/2 cup
: 1 tspn
: 3/4 tspn
Powdered black pepper
: 1 tspn
Take the Cauliflower & Potato pieces in a plastic/glass container with a cover and put in microwave for 5-6 mins at high heat.
- Take a large non-stick pan and use medium heat to fry the onion till it is soft, then add shrimp, and fry till the shrimp changes color and shape.
- Add the chopped tomato and stir.Tomato should provide moisture.
- If you prefer to see a little gravy, now is the time to add 1/2 water. Add chili if you want hot taste.
- Add all the spices, and micro-waved cauliflower + potato and stir to mix up everything.
- Put a cover to this pan and cook at a low heat for 5-6 mins or till the cauliflower & potatoes appear to be soft.
- Turn off the heat. Done. From start to end, it takes less than 30 mins - the secret is to fry the onion, shrimp & tomato while using microwave for cauliflower & potato.