Keera masial is a very easy to make dish that lets you imbibe the goodness of the green without adding any ingredients that overpower the senses.
Spinach - any variety cleaned and chopped fine
: 1 bunch
Take the spinach in a microwaveable bowl. Add a little bit of water to it and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Once cool,mash it with a wooden mathu(masher) or give it just one turn in a mixie.
- Be careful not to blend it into a smooth paste, though.
- Heat the oil for a minute in a microwave safe container.
- Add the urad dal, red chilli and mustard seeds to it, cover and heat for another minute or until the seeds pop.
- Pour this seasoning over the mashed keerai and mix well.