Instant sevai, a must have in the pantry for quick and easy breakfast. You can serve this sevai with many types of flavours like lemon,coconut,curd etc.
: 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
In a microwave safe bowl, micro high 3 cups of for 3 minutes. Now, add the rice sevai to it and micro high for 2 minutes. If not cooked well, micro high for another minute.
- Remove and transfer to a strainer and allow the water to drain completely.
- In a different microwave safe bowl, add oil, mustard seeds, bengalgram dal and blackgram dal and micro high for 30 seconds.
- Now add the green chillies and turmeric powder and micro high for another 30 seconds. Finally add the cooked rice sevai. (ensure that it is completely dry without any water).
- Add salt, lemon juice, mix well and micro high for one minute.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Other variations,You can mix dry puliyogare powder to the cooked rice sevai and omit all other ingredients.
- Also, instead of lemon juice and turmeric powder, you can add some scrapped fresh coconut to the rice sevai.