There are literally hundreds of lettuce varieties available, although some vary only slightly in size or days to harvest.This is best prepared on the table, as it should be eaten soon after it is made.The lettuce should be carefully washed and dried.
Spinach or leaf lettuce
: 2 Heads
Wash the lettuce, shake as much water off as possible and tear into pieces, or shred coarsely and place in salad bowl. Place bacon on a microwave roasting rack set in a baking dish.
- Cover with a paper towel.
- Microwave at high (100%) 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Remove roasting rack from baking dish. Stir in onions.
- Microwave at high (100%) until onions become transparent, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Microwave at high (100%) 30 seconds. Pour hot mixture over lettuce, coating all the greens. Crumble bacon and toss lightly until lettuce is wilted.
- Serve immediately.Makes 4 servings.