Milk Burfi is popular confection in North India made with milk sugar nuts and Ghee.Barfi or burfi is a popular Indian sweet which is madefrom mawaand sugar.Barfi is garnished with cashew or pistachio or is coated with a edible varak or silver leaf.
Full cream milk powder
: 2 cups
Thickened/ double/ heavy cream
: 300 ml
: 1 400 can
Finely chopped skinless pistachios
: 1/2 cup
Mix all the ingredients (except the nuts) in a rectangular microwave safe bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and set the time for 6 minutes on the High setting. Start and run the microwave. Watch the dish carefully and if the mixture looks like it might boil over, stop immediately and wait for 8-10 seconds. Start again and run till the 6-minute time is up.
- Take the dish out of the microwave and stir well to break all lumps (these lumps are the milk solids that are beginning to form due to the cooking).
- Put the dish back in the microwave and set again on High for 6 minutes. Watch for the initial minute and then allow to continue cooking. When the time is up,sprinkle the chopped nuts over the surface of the Barfi and let sit/ rest for 10 minutes.
- Once the soft ball consistency is achieved, pour the liquid into a greased plate, sprinkle finely chopped pista and badam, press gently on the mix.
- After 10 minutes remove from the microwave and cut into 2 to 2 1/2-inch squares. Serve immediately or after cooling to room temprature.